Family and Consumer Studies, B.S.
The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Family and Consumer Studies with a concentration in Child Development and Family Studies at Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) is accredited by the American Association for Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS) and approved by the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) to prepare students for its Certified Family Life Educator(CFLE) credential. Completion of this program leads to career opportunities with family life education, social service agencies, day care programs (care giving and administration), crisis intervention programs, and senior citizen services; in business as consultants; in medical settings as child life specialists; and as advocates for children and families.
In the spirit of sharing information related to the program's performance with the public, the following data is provided
- Fall Enrollment over Time
- New Freshmen Fall-to-Fall Retention
- Undergraduate Fall-to-Fall Retention
- 4-, 6-, and 8-year Graduation Rates
- Degrees Awarded by Academic Year
- Time to Degree
- Total Credit Hours Required for Degree: 120
- Total Time to Graduate (13-17 Credit Hours Each Term): 8 Semesters or 4 years (if
attending only fall and spring terms)
*The time to graduation is for students beginning the program with no prior college credit.
- Family and Consumer Studies, Child Development and Family Studies, B.S., Academic Map
- Graduating Senior Survey
- Student Achievement Data