July 12, 2023 Article from GOBLUERAIDERS.COM
Men’s Tennis Earns ITA All-Academic Team Honors
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. — Middle Tennessee men's tennis has been awarded the ITA All-Academic Award along with four student-athletes named ITA Scholar-Athletes announced by the ITA office on Monday morning.
"This is a great award that doesn't get enough credit," said MTSU Head Coach Jimmy Borendame. "We keep academics as one of our main focuses and this shows it. I'm happy to see the guys get this recognition."
During the Coach Borendame era, 73 student-athletes have been tabbed as ITA Scholar-Athletes and the squad has won 13-straight ITA All-Academic Team Awards since 2011.
ITA Scholar-Athlete (Number of times awarded)
Per the ITA, to be named an ITA Scholar-Athlete, one must meet the following requirements:
- have a grade point average of at least 3.5 (on a 4.00 scale) for the current academic year
- be listed on the institutional eligibility form
Per the ITA, to be named an ITA All-Academic Team, programs must meet the following requirements:
- have a team grade point average of 3.2 or above (on a 4.00 scale),
- all student-athletes included should be listed on the institutional eligibility form, and
- all varsity letter winners should be factored into the cumulative team GPA for the current academic year