July 12, 2023 Article from GOBLUERAIDERS.COM
Women’s Tennis Awarded ITA All-Academic Team Honors
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. — Middle Tennessee women's tennis earns the ITA All-Academic Team Award and eight ITA Scholar-Athletes announced by the ITA office on Monday morning.
"I am so proud of my team for putting in the work in the classroom like they did on the tennis court this last year," said MTSU Head Coach Tayo Bailey-Duvall. There were a few challenges with the freshman learning how to adapt to college life, but I am happy they learned how to prioritize their time and find success. I am looking forward to continuing the tradition of earning this award to show everyone the hard work we put in every year.
In program history, this would be the ninth ITA All-Academic Team award. In the last six seasons, 30 Blue Raider women's tennis student-athletes have been named ITA Scholar-Athletes, each of those seasons the team has won the ITA All-Academic Team Award.
ITA Scholar-Athletes (Number of times awarded)
Per the ITA, to be named an ITA Scholar-Athlete, one must meet the following requirements:
- have a grade point average of at least 3.5 (on a 4.00 scale) for the current academic year
- be listed on the institutional eligibility form
Per the ITA, to be named an ITA All-Academic Team, programs must meet the following requirements:
- have a team grade point average of 3.2 or above (on a 4.00 scale),
- all student-athletes included should be listed on the institutional eligibility form, and
- all varsity letter winners should be factored into the cumulative team GPA for the current academic year