Frequently Asked Questions Purchasing Card
Is this an allowable P-Card purchase?
- Check the Allowable-Unallowable Purchase Guide available on the P-Card Compliance Webpage.
- Contact – Tammie Dye, P-Card Compliance, 615-904-8259, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact – Ann Lee Whitefield, P-Card Compliance, 615-494-8813, email@example.com
- Contact - Demetra Majors, Procurement Services, 615-898-5437, firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I close my P-Card account?
- Cardholders must do the following to terminate P-Card usage;
- Complete the online dynamic form - Cardholder Change in Status Form
- Return the P-Card to P-Card Compliance; CAB 106.
- Advise your approver where the P-Card records will be retained in accordance with University Policy.
Who would I contact if my card is declined at a vendor checkout?
- Call or Email Demetra Majors, Procurement Services, 615-898-5437, email@example.com
How long am I required to keep my P-Card receipts?
- 5 years – not including the current fiscal year.
- Keep all bank statements, original itemized receipts, invoices, support documents, and P-Card compliance review documentation.
Which food form do I need? Do I need both?
- The Food Payment Authorization Form is always required for any food or drink purchase.
- The Application to Bring Food on Campus Form is needed in addition to the above form when food is purchased for a meal and an off campus vendor is used.
Do I need approval to make a purchase from a foreign vendor?
- This purchase requires a determination of vendor tax status from the Business & Finance, Tax Compliance Office before the purchase is made.
- Merredith Mooth, Assistant Director, Tax Compliance will assist you with this task. Phone ext. 8328.
What do I do if my card is lost/stolen or fraudulent charges appear?
- Contact Carol Rozell, 615-898-5218, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact SunTrust Bank using the number on the back of your P-Card.
- Notify your approver.
How do I handle items purchased and then given to an employee?
- Because fringe benefits exceeding $100 per employee - per year, are taxable; any P-Card
purchases that could be determined to be a fringe benefit for an employee will be
handled as follows:
- At the time of the Compliance review, a list of recipients, a description of the items purchased, and dollar value of the items will be requested.
- The documentation will be forwarded to the Business and Finance Tax Compliance Office for review.
- For additional information on Policy 608-Taxability of Employee Benefits, contact Merredith Mooth ext. 8328, Assistant Director Tax Compliance Office.
- Refer to Taxability of Employee Benefits, Policy 608.
What happens if I lose my receipt or did not receive a receipt from the vendor?
- First contact the vendor for a duplicate receipt.
- If a duplicate cannot be obtained, complete the online dynamic P-Card Replacement Receipt Form.
Can I use my P-Card for memberships and subscriptions?
- NO. Original or first time membership and subscriptions may not be purchased with the P-Card.
- Renewals: These services may be purchased with the P-Card IF you have a copy of the original membership/subscription application.
- Susan Harris with accounting services can assist in locating the original form, 615-898-2176, email@example.com.
- Refer to Policy 660 Membership and Subscriptions.
Can I purchase office supplies with vendors other than Staples?
- NO. Staples is only MTSU contracted office supply vendor. All employees must utilize this contract and using MT$ource is the best method for this purchase.
- Exception: If a lower price is documented prior to purchase or if a product is unavailable at Staples, then it may be purchased with another vendor IF the documentation supporting the purchase is retained with the purchase receipt. (Documentation of Staples price vs. purchase price)
I accidently made a personal purchase with my P-Card. What do I need to do?
- Report the purchase to the P-Card Compliance Office: Tammie Dye at ext. 8259, firstname.lastname@example.org or Ann Lee Whitefield at ext. 8813, email@example.com.
- Complete the online P-Card Reimbursement Form which includes steps for reimbursement.
- Retain all original documentation in your P-Card file.
Can I go off-campus for printing services?
- All University printing jobs are to be produced by University Printing Services unless they are unable to produce the job.
- All publications should be produced on campus when economically feasible.
- For each P-Card printing purchase, retain with the purchase receipt the documentation supporting the use of off-campus printing. See Policy 154 Publications
Can I purchase rentals on my P-Card?
- NO. Rentals cannot be purchase using the P-Card.
- Employees may not sign any contracts or agreements on behalf of the university.
- Refer to Policy 600, Section III.
What if I am charged sales tax on a P-Card purchase?
- Contact the vendor and try to recover the taxes.
- Upon request, Accounting Services will provide the sales tax exemption certificate to the vendor.
- If the vendor refuses to reimburse the tax charge, document all correspondence and provide a written explanation to retain with the receipt.
- Refer to P-Card Policy 632, IV:G.
How do I make a P-Card purchase at Sam’s Club?
- RSVP and pick up the Sam’s business membership card from Procurement. Kym.Stricklin@mtsu.edu
- Employee’s shopping at Sam’s must have their own university P-Card for payment. You are not allowed to give your P-Card to another person to use. ( ie.. no grad students or student officers)
- For Sam’s purchases remember that the P-card cannot be used for purchases from a Foundation account or with funding held in an agency (08XXXX) account.
- All Sam’s P-Card purchases will be part of the P-Card Compliance monthly review processes so please be sure and retain all itemized receipts in their P-Card file.
What types of travel expenses can I purchase with my P-Card?
- Only conference registrations and airfare purchases are allowed on the P-Card.
- A completed TA or written authorization from the traveler’s appropriate approving authority must be obtained prior to completing the P-Card purchase. see Travel Authorization Request. (TA).
- Contact Gayla Wilson, 615-898-2172 or Tamela Pincheon, 615-898-2941, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with travel related questions.
- Refer to Policy 658 Travel.
Updated by P-Card Compliance 2/28/19