JCBSurvey - Qualtrics
Qualtrics is an online survey management system that allows for the creation and deployment of online surveys. To start creating surveys, faculty must create an account using the instructions outlined in our Quick Start Guide [PDF]. The Jones College of Business uses an upgraded XM5 Qualtrics license that is an upgrade to our campus Research Core license.
Alternatively, faculty members can request that JCB.ITS manages their surveys. The information below outlines the procedures to initiate that service.
Link: jcbsurvey.qualtrics.com (Jones College of Business members only)
Qualtrics Academic Support: https://www.qualtrics.com/academic-support (Jones College of Business members opnly)
How to create a Qualtrics Account
To create an account in our Qualtircs survey service follow the steps below:
- Go to jcbsurvey.qualtrics.com
- Click on "Please click here to create an account" link.
- Register with your MTSU email address and provide the information requested.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Follow the instructions in the email to confirm your account.
- Once the email confirmation is processed, the system administrator will approve it and you will gain full access to the site.
IMPORTANT: JCBSurvey Qualtrics accounts are only for Jones College of Business faculty, staff and students. If you are NOT part of the Jones College of Business, please use the Office 365 (MTSU) link to access MTSU's version of Qualtrics. The Jones College of Business uses an upgraded Qualtrics XM5 license that provides advanced data collection and processing, role based dashboards, automated alerts, mobile support, advanced stats analytics, key driver analysis, predictive regression, intellegent text analytics, website feedback and API integration.
(Optional) Have JCB.ITS Manage Faculty Surveys
- Faculty Survey Request
- Faculty submits email requesting an online survey to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Graduate Assistant will contact the faculty to setup a meeting.
- Survey Design
- Faculty designs the survey questions.
- Faculty submits the survey design to Graduate Assistant.
- GA will work with he faculty in creating the online survey.
- Survey Approval
- GA submits survey link for faculty approval.
- Faculty approves preliminary survey form previous pilot testing.
- Survey Pilot Testing
- Survey is distributed to a test group for quality control.
- It is recommended that test users run the survey from multiple geographic locations and using different hardware and software.
- Survey pilot data collection to ensure:
- URL link is correct
- Survey is displayed properly in multiple browsers.
- Survey security is acceptable
- Data is being properly collected.
- Conditions (pages/questions) and computations are working.
- Form navigation is adequate.
- Survey look and feel is correct (pictures, colors, fonts.)
- Survey pilot data validation
- Ensure data is properly saved and processed.
- Data can be exported correctly (aliases in Excel.)
- Ensure data can be extracted in the desired format.
- Survey Distribution
- Survey should contain IRB number before final deployment.
- Once survey is made ACTIVE no other changes can be done to it.
- Send survey link via email list or web page.
- Survey Data Collection
- Collect responses on defined period of time.
- Close survey and extract data
- Once survey period is expired, Deactivate the survey.
- Export response data to Excel.
- If need to use survey again, consider deleting old responses or create a copy of the survey with a timestamp identifier.