Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Awareness
Middle Tennessee State University ("MTSU" or "University") is committed to responsible stewardship of State resources. As part of MTSU's commitment to responsible use and reporting of State resources, and as a public institution of higher education, employees, students, and community members may report suspected, or known, improper uses of University resources. Reporting can also include suspected, or known, dishonest acts including, but not limited to:
- Theft or misappropriation of State funds, supplies, property, or other MTSU resources.
- Forgery or alteration of documents.
- Unauthorized alteration or manipulation of electronic files.
- Wasteful or improper activity.
- Falsification of reports to external agencies and/or internal MTSU management and administration.
- Pursuit of a benefit or advantage in conflict with MTSU's policies.
- Authorization or receipt of compensation for hours not worked.
- Failure to report a benefit or advantage in violation of MTSU's Conflict of Interests Policy (Policy 12), or other policies.
Reporting Fraud, Waste, and/or Abuse
If you suspect, or have knowledge of, the improper use of University resources, or other dishonest acts, you can report the fraud, waste, and/or abuse to:
- MTSU Audit and Consulting Services at their fraud reporting email address of firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (615) 898-2914.
- The State of Tennessee Comptroller's Hotline at 1-800-232-5454, or online at comptroller.tn.gov/hotline.
- An administrator or officer of MTSU.
- A supervisor, department head, or division Vice President of MTSU.
All allegations of fraud, waste, and/or abuse are investigated by MTSU Audit and Consulting Services. For additional information on the investigations process regarding allegations and cases of fraud, waste, and abuse, please contact the MTSU Office of Audit and Consulting Services at email@example.com.