Medical School Early Acceptance Program (MSEAP)
Application Deadline Dec. 1, 2019.
The College of Basic and Applied Sciences (CBAS) is excited to announce its Medical School Early Acceptance Program (MSEAP) formed by a partnership between Meharry Medical College School of Medicine (MMCSOM) and Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU). The purpose of the program is to increase the number of primary care physicians, while serving the medically underserved populations as well as assisting with alleviating health care disparities in rural Tennessee.
MSEAP is a seven-year early medical acceptance program restricted to incoming freshmen that begins with acceptance into the program as an undergraduate at MTSU and concludes with graduation from Meharry Medical College. The program consists of three years of study in a prescribed undergraduate premedical school curriculum and four years of medical school study. Upon matriculation into the program, students receive conditional acceptance to MMCSOM.
Students must be admitted to MTSU as a first-time freshman no later than Dec. 1, 2019, in order to apply for this program.
The following three steps must be completed:
- APPLY TO MTSU: If you have not done so already, please apply ASAP. An M-number will be assigned to you after the application is submitted. You will
receive a package in the mail as well as an email with additional information pertaining
to the admissions process. Admission questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-898-2233.
- CREATE YOUR PIPELINEMT ACCOUNT: Once you have applied to MTSU, you will receive your M-number by mail. You wil need
an M-number to create your PipelineMT account.
- To create your PipelineMT account go to www.mtsu.edu and look for the “PipelineMT” at the top of page. You will then need to go to “New User” and click on the “Students” button.
- If you have applied to MTSU and have not received your M-number by mail, contact email@example.com . Please include your full name (first, middle, last), date of birth and home address. Do not include your SSN in the email.
- More information on student accounts can be found on the ITD website.
- COMPLETE THE MSEAP APPLICATION and mail it to the address listed at the bottom of the form. Please include the
following with your application.
- Resume: Prepare a resume listing activities, interests, and accomplishments in high school.
- Essay: Write an essay of no more than 500 words using the following question as a guideline: Tell the Early Medical Admission Committee why you are interested in an accelerated program and how completing such a program fits into your personal and professional goals.
- Recommendation Letters: Please supply the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three people who will provide letters of recommendation in support of your application to this program. Please have letters sent to the address on the application.
Check back soon for application for students starting fall 2020.
If you have any additional questions or need more information, email EricB.Miller@mtsu.edu.
Dr. Bud Fischer, Dean
College of Basic and Applied Sciences