Transfer Fellowship Information
The Honors Transfer Fellowship, limited to 30 students per year, is the highest academic award given to transfer students at Middle Tennessee State University through the University Honors College.
Honors Transfer Fellows, who must complete a separate application process, receive a host of special benefits, including $3,500 per semester (for students classified as in-state for tuition purposes; $7,000 per semester for out-of-state students) for up to four semesters (fall and spring only), priority consideration for study abroad scholarships, and much more.
**Please note that the Honors Transfer Fellowship course requirements cannot be completed as an online (or evenings-only) program.
In order to compete for an Honors Transfer Fellowship, an applicant must:
- first apply for undergraduate admission to Middle Tennessee State University well before the February 15th admissions deadline (students must already be admitted to MTSU in order to complete the online Honors Transfer Fellowship application);
- complete the online Honors Transfer Fellowship application by February 15, 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time (more information regarding the application is included below);
- have a college or university GPA of at least 3.5 (from all institutions attended to date);
- be on track to have completed at least 60 credit hours of college work before Fall classes begin (students who have already transferred and started at MTSU before the Fellowship start date are eligible to apply for this scholarship);
- provide the Honors College a transcript of all college and university work completed;
- write an essay on the topic found in part B of the online application; and
- submit two letters of recommendation from college professors.
The preceding requirements are minimal. Successful applicants generally possess qualifications that equal or surpass those required for other MTSU academic scholarships.
Successful applicants will be notified of their acceptance during March or April. With this notification, the student will also receive an Acceptance Form to complete. In the Acceptance Form, the student makes a firm commitment to accept (or reject) the fellowship offer by May 1, and to accept the responsibilities of an Honors Transfer Fellow. Among these is a pledge to:
- uphold the ideals espoused in the Honors Creed;
- participate fully in a specially designed Transfer Fellowship Seminar during the first semester; and
- make progress toward graduation according to benchmarks set by the Honors College.
Continue to: Steps to Apply