Additional Funding Opportunities
Numerous internal and external funding opportunities are available to faculty to enhance their individual or collaborative research and scholarship activities. It is the primary responsibility of the staff of the ORSP to identify these funding opportunities for our faculty and to facilitate submission of competitive proposals. If you need additional help in identifying funding in your discipline or if you need some individualized support to develop a competitive grant proposal, please do not hesitate to contact Julie Darbonne, (615) 898-2400.
MTSU Internal Funding
- For more information, visit the ORSP Funding webpage.
- ORSP Funding Request Form - Limited funds are available to support faculty activity that will lead to or augment sponsored research, service, and instruction. Activity supported includes travel, equipment and supplies, and student research assistants. ORSP also provides matching funds, voluntary or required, for external grants and contracts. Feel free to contact Julie Darbonne, (615) 898-2400.
- New Faculty Start-up Funds – ORSP cooperates with Department Chairs, College Deans, and the Provost’s Office to provide start-up funds for new faculty. ORSP’s contribution is intended to support activities (travel, supplies and equipment acquisition, GRA stipends, etc.) specifically to enable the new faculty member successfully compete for external funding to support their scholarship outside of the classroom. Recipients of start-up funds from ORSP are required to participate in ORSP’s Grant Writing Enhancement Program. ORSP start-up funds are requested by Department Chairs and/or College Deans during new hire negotiations.
Grants to support research and creative projects of individual or collaborative groups of full-time faculty through academic year support, summer salary, or both.
Other Internal Funding Opportunities
- Grants Administered by the Provost's Office
These opportunities for faculty are available through the Provost's Office and are designed to promote faculty development. The awards are classified by focus including research and creative activity, teaching, service, travel and other/miscellaneous.
- Curriculum Integration Grants
Three summer grants in the amount of $1,800 each are available for the integration of the experiences and perspectives of women into the curriculum.
- Public Service Grants
Grants support projects and activities that enhance the university's public service mission.
- Special Projects
Annual grants up to $25,000 to fund a special project pursued by a full-time faculty member at the University. The object of the award is to fund a project that brings acclaim to the University.
External Funding Opportunities
MTSU has an institutional subscription to GrantForward, a database of funding opportunities. Anyone with an MTSU email address can create an account. The system allows individuals to use automation (by uploading CVs or online publication lists) to create researcher profiles. Users can also manually add additional interests to their profile. By creating a saved search, users can automatically receive emails notifications of funding opportunities on a daily or weekly basis. If you have questions, please contact Julie Darbonne, (615) 898-2400.
Click below to create your GrantForward profile. Be sure to use your MTSU email address
to create your account.
Create a Profile
For more information, see the Research Guide for the system.
Other External Funding Sources
This website allows organizations to electronically find and apply for competitive grant opportunities from all Federal grant-making agencies. Grants.gov is THE single access point for over 1000 grant programs offered by the 26 Federal grant-making agencies.
More External Funding Opportunities:
MTSU Sponsored Programs Scholars Directory
Scholars Directory is a catalog of funded proposals from July 2015 to the present. The directory will allow you to search by the primary investigator's name, department, grant title, as well as gain details regarding the funding sponsor and program.
ING Building, Garden Level