Writing Resources Online
The Writing Center maintains online resources for writers who wish to work independently on writing tasks and for instructors who would like to use Writing Center workshops in their classes. All resources are available for classroom or individual use. Contact the Writing Center with questions about any of our resources.
- Don't see a resource on a topic you are looking for? Send us an email to let us know! We are always adding new resources for MTSU writers.
Use the list below to help you find the resources you need. You can work through these handouts independently or with a Writing Consultant.
Take me to resources for...
Or scroll down to browse our complete list of handouts and writing workshops.
- COM 1: Transitioning to College Level Writing
- COM 2: Reading an Assignment Sheet
- COM 3: The Rhetorical Situation and Rhetorical Appeals
- COM 4: Brainstorming
- COM 5: Thesis Statements
- COM 6: Topic Sentences
- COM 7: Visual Organizer
- COM 8: Writing Introductions
- COM 9: Transitions
- COM 10: Revision Strategies
- COM 11: Editing Strategies
- COM 12: Incorporating Tables and Figures
- COM 13: Problem Solving Organizer
- RES 1: Evaluating Sources
- RES 2: Close Reading and Annotating Sources
- RES 3: Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing
- RES 4: MLA Quick Guide
- RES 5: APA Quick Guide
- RES 6: Chicago Quick Guide
- SWC 1: Composing an Effective Power Point
- SWC 2: Getting Started on an ePortfolio
- SWC 3: Designing an Effective Poster Presentation
- SWC 4: Composing a Resume or CV
- SWC 5: Composing an Effective Speech
- SWC 6: Components of a Lab Report
- SWC 7: Writing in the Sciences
Walker Library, Room 362