Adaptive Technology Center
Please note that the Adaptive Technology Center (ATC) is fully operational and ready to assist. However, capacity limitations during business hours are in place as a measure of community health and safety. Be assured our staff is working and ready to assist you Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 4:30PM. You may contact the ATC or schedule an appointment the following ways: 615-494-7705 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(615) 904-8550 email@example.com
The Adaptive Technology Center (ATC) is a campus resource for students that are registered with MTSU's Disability & Access Center (DAC). We are here to provide alternative formats of print material, adaptive hardware/software, and any other form of access via technology that is within our ability to offer.
Our lab is located on the first floor of Walker Library, room 174. If you are interested in our services but have not registered with the DAC, their office is on the first floor of the Keathley University Center, room 107. You may use the links below to quickly jump to the ATC service(s) you are interested in:
- Alternative Formats: Academic Books/Course Materials
- Software: Kurzweil 3000 Reading/Writing Software
- Software: Read&Write Reading/Writing Software
- Software: Sonocent's Audio Notetaker Software
- Screen Reader/Screen Magnifier: JAWS/ZoomText/Fusion Accessiblity Software
- Equipment: Livescribe smart pens for notetaking
- Equipment: Borrow Adaptive Computer and Audio Equipment from the ATC
In the ATC we have six accessible workstations, each with a full suite of adaptive software. We also have refreshable braille displays, desktop video magnifiers, and high contrast keyboards available at select computers.
Fortunately, students are not limited to the computers in the ATC for accessibility. Adaptive technologies can be found at the following locations:
- Business and Aerospace Building (BAS)
- Kirksey Old Main (KOM)
- McWherter Learning Resources Center (LRC)
- public areas in the James E. Walker Library (LIB)
- Student Union - Collaborative Computer Lab (STU)
Please note that each of the above locations has separate hours of operation.