Blue Raider Finance Network
Sponsors: Frank Michello & Greg Nagel
Mission Statement: We strive to connect executives, recent finance alumni, masters (MSF & MBA) students, finance undergraduates, and any students interested in finance so that students and alumni can successfully reach out to the right source to obtain career guidance and access to jobs and internships as needed and executives have dependable resources for new talent.
Description: The Blue Raider Finance Network offers all the events of a traditional club in addition to the flexibility of a digital network. Our network has already secured commitments from dozens of business professionals ranging from investment bankers and consultants to Nashville Business Journal Top Forty Under 40 winner. Our professionals come from firms including Citigroup, Mercer Consulting, Mitsubishi Financial Group, UBS, PwC, Cigna, VUMC, and many more.
- Signature networking event – There will be a regular signature event uniting all BRFN members for the opportunity to connect and network with everyone involved.
- On campus meetings – There will be regular campus meetings for all BRFN members with a key executive from members of our network in various industries.
- Real world practice – There will be numerous case competitions given by BRFN executives for members to help solve real financial problems in the professional environment.
- Social events – Talk finance and get to know fellow BRFN members with scheduled outings.
Digital Network Offerings
- Tailored networking experience – Contact network members and professionals on your time through emails, phone calls, mentor meetings, etc.
- Guaranteed response – BRFN members have promised to quickly acknowledge your form of communication and respond with answers and assistance.
- Member spotlight – The BRFN will regularly highlight one of its members on all the social media platforms for fellow members and professionals to better know each other.
Time Demand: As professionals and students, time is of the utmost value. The BRFN aims to value every member’s time by allowing certain objectives of the network to be accomplished on each member’s own time.
- Students: The amount of time demanded from the student to the club is highly dependent upon the student’s desire for opportunity. There will be opportunities for regular meetings, volunteering to work on case competitions, attending signature and social events, and communicating with other BRFN members
- Alumni & Executives: Roughly 1 hour a month. There will be opportunities to respond to BRFN member inquiries, coach and guide students through projects that help establish students’ readiness and skills in demand, and attending the regular signature networking event.