Seminars are typically held on Fridays from 12:30 to 2 p.m. in the SunTrust Room (BAS S326). Exceptions are noted on the schedule. Papers are distributed to department members by email. To obtain a copy of a seminar paper or to request a presentation date, please contact Professor Sara Shirley (Sara.Shirley@mtsu.edu).
- February 8: Sima Jannati, University of Missouri, "Do Brokerages Benefit from All-Star Females?"
- March 22: Brian Phelan, DePaul University
- March 29: Leonce Bargeron, University of Kentucky
- October 19: David A. Maslar, University of Tennessee, "Secondary Market Trading and the Cost of New Debt Issuance"
- October 26: Russell Jame, University of Kentucky, "The Democratization of Investment Research: Implications for Retail Investor Profitability and Firm Liquidity"
- November 30: Christina DePasquale, Emory University, "Heterogeneity in Hospital Consolidation"
- January 19: Caitlin D. Dannhauser, Villanova University, "The Transformation of Corporate Bond Investors and Fragility:Evidence on Mutual Funds and ETFs"
- February 23: Matthew C. Harris, University of Tennessee, "Prescription Opioids and Labor Market Pains"
- March 16: Vineet Bhagwat, George Washington University, "A BIT Goes a Long Way: Bilateral Investment Treaties and Cross-border Mergers"
- March 30: Jennifer Bennett Shinall, Vanderbilt University, "Imputation Match Bias in Immigrant Wage Convergence"
- September 15: Michael R. Richards, Vanderbilt University, "Outsourcing Public Insurance Provision: What Do Medicaid Managed Care Organizations Do?"
- September 29: Jesse Blocher, Vanderbilt University, "Short Constraints are Persistent Constraints"
- October 20: Joonhyung Lee, University of Memphis, "An empirical investigation on the transfer of expatriates within
MNCs from a knowledge perspective"
2018 - 2019 Internal Brown Bag Presentations
- September 7: Sara E. Shirley, MTSU, "Gender, Learning, and Overconfidence: Why Females Create More Accurate Earnings Estimates"
- September 21: A.T.M. Sayfuddin, MTSU, "When Green Practices Affect Business Performance: An Investigation into California's Hotel Industry"
- October 5: Elvedin Bijelic, MTSU, "The Impact of Performance and Revenue on University Subsidies: An Analysis of Division I Athletics"
- November 2: Mohammad Movahed, MTSU, "Quality Competition in Restaurants Industry: How Restaurants Respond to Fluctuating of Consumers' Review"
- November 9: Adam Rennhoff, MTSU, "Competition Among States: Evidence from Motion Picture Production Incentives"
- November 16: Benjamin Jansen, MTSU, "Do Analysts Cater to Investor Information Demand?"
- January 18: Ali M. A. Mahmoud, Visiting Scholar MTSU, "The Growth Effect of Education for Low and Middle-Income Countries: The Quantity or the Quality of Education Matters Most?"
- February 15: Estrella Ndrianasy, MTSU, "Naloxone Access Laws and Unintended Effects on the Opioid Crisis: Increase in Overdose Deaths and Drug Abuse"
- March 15: Greg Nagel, MTSU
2017 - 2018 Internal Brown Bag Presentations
- September 22: Jeffrey R. Stark, MTSU, "Is all that Twitters gold? Social media attention and stock returns"
- October 6: Estrella R. Ndrianasy, MTSU, "The Hispanic Health Paradox: A Socioeconomic Conundrum"
- December 1: Max C. Deaton, MTSU, "News Consumption in a Social Media Environment: Evidence from Twitter"
- February 16: Matt Booth, MTSU, "Employment, Wage, and Output Dynamics under External Habit Formation and Efficiency Wages"
- April 6: G.A Homaifar and Frank Michello, MTSU, "A Generalized Algorithm for Duration and Convexity of Option Embedded Bonds"
- April 13: Arpan Mukherjee Das, MTSU, "Breaking the Impasse: On the Political Economy of Illegal Immigration"