Seminars are typically held on Fridays from 12:30 to 2 p.m. in the SunTrust Room (BAS S326). Exceptions are noted on the schedule. Papers are distributed to department members by email. To obtain a copy of a seminar paper or to request a presentation date, please contact Professor Nicholas Clarke (email@example.com).
*Presentation is part of the PERI Seminar Series
- April 29th: Carolina Castilla, Colgate University
- April 22nd: Tom Zylkin, University of Richmond
- April 15th: Sebastian Leguizamon, Western Kentucky University*
- April 1st: Joseph Haslag, University of Missouri
- March 18th: Matthew Hampton, Austin Peay
- February 11th: Audrey Redford, Western Carolina University*
- November 5th: Hannah Gabriel, Sacramento State University, "Multinational Activity and Banking: The Effects of Ownership Status on Exporters"
- October 29th: Traviss Cassidy, University of Alabama, "Government Fragmentation and Economic Growth"
- October 8th: Peter Haslag, Vanderbilt University, "COVID-19 Migratory Response and the Municipal
- September 17th: Gueyon Kim, University of California-Santa Cruz, "Trade-Induced Restructuring and New Work"
- September 10th: Tim Riley, University of Arkansas, "The complexity materiality of ESG ratings: Evidence from ESG funds"
- September 3rd: Bryan Caplan, George Mason University, "Build, Baby, Build: The Science and Ethics of Housing"
- May 7th: Sebastian Tello-Trillo, University of Virginia, "The introduction of Prep and HIV: Incidence, Mortality and Heterogeneity"
- April 30th: Claudia Williamson, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, "Are Economic Arguments Against Immigration Missing the Boat? The Fiscal Effects of the Mariel Boatlift"
- April 2nd: Brian Albrecht, Kennesaw State University, "Price Competition and the Use of Consumer Data"
- March 12th: Marcus Painter, Saint Louis University, "Consumer response to corporate political statements: Evidence from geolocation data"
- March 5th: Andy Puckett, University of Tennessee, "Option Skills"
- February 19th: Alice Bonaimé, University of Arizona, "How Does Capital Structure Impact Product Prices? Evidence from the Airline Industry"
- November 6th: Elif Demiral Saglam, Austin Peay State University, "Competitiveness and Employability"
- October 30th: Colin Gilstrap, University of Toledo, "Two's company, three's a crowd: Ownership concentration and stock returns"
- January 31: Kevin Mullally, University of Central Florida
- November 8: Samar Ashour, University of Arkansas
- November 6: Nicholas Clarke, Florida State University
- November 1: Caleb Houston, Mississippi State University
- October 25: Yan Ma, Kobe University
- October 18: Joshua Smith, Trevecca Nazarene University
2021-2022 Internal Brown Bag Presentations
- February 25: Kevin Zhao, MTSU, "Do Chinese Government Controlled Firms Harm and Cheat American Investors?"
- July 9: Ali Mahmoud, MTSU, "Trade Elasticities and Effect of Tariffs: Evidence from Three U.S. Industries"
- June 25: Nicholas Clarke, MTSU, "Do Managers Use Reference Points? Evidence from Stock Repurchases"
2020-2021 Internal Brown Bag Presentations
- October 23: Benjamin Jansen, MTSU, "Law of One Price Violation in Parent-Subsidiary Price Relations"
- June 19: Aaron Gamino, MTSU, "The effects of prescription monitoring programs and medical marijuana laws on days of bad physical health"
2019-2020 Internal Brown Bag Presentations
- February 7: Sarah Ji, MTSU, "Human Capital, Investment Riskiness, and Investment Policy"
- November 15: Wisarut Suwanprasert, MTSU
- October 11: Sona Esona, MTSU, "Economic Growth, Size of Government, Judicial System, and Corruption in Sub Sahara Africa (SSA): A Panel Data Analysis"