Facility Policies and Procedures
- Boots, dress shoes, and sandals are not allowed; please bring a change of footwear
to use in Rec Well facilities
- Hanging on basketball rims is not permitted
- Pick-up basketball games are to be played using the challenge system
- A verbal challenge is issued by waiting player; no one in a game may call the next
- Challenges can only be issued on one court and the challenger must be present before
preceding game ends
- Only one person is needed to issue a challenge
- Players from losing team may be chosen for the next game only if no other players
are present and waiting
- Games are limited to 15 (win by 2); teams winning 3 consecutive games must sit out
a minimum of 1 game if other players are waiting.
- During Open Rec, the sport designated on the Open Rec schedule has court priority;
Rec Well staff reserves the right to stop all activity other than the designated sport
- Any equipment or activity that is not the intended use of the space must first be
approved by Campus Rec professional staff
- All drinks must be in a sealed container
- No checks into the boards.
- Other activities may be scheduled in the arena with approval from the Campus Recreation
- Without a reservation, space in the arena is on a first come first served basis.
- Cleats are not allowed.
- The track is for runners, joggers, and walkers only. Spectators must use the lower
level. Standing at the rail is not allowed.
- Walkers should use the inside lanes; runners should use the outside lanes.
- Faster runners should pass to the outside of slower runners.
- No walking, jogging, or running three or more abreast.
- Only athletic, running, or training shoes are to be worn on the track.
- Stretching must be confined to the designated stretching area (Is it designated?;
signage to indicate stretching?).
- Track directions:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday - clockwise
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday - counterclockwise.
- Racquetball/Walleyball has priority on courts.
- All racquets must have racquet guards.
- Participants should refrain from deliberate abuse of the walls, floors, and doors.
- Eye protection is recommended and can be checked out at the equipment desk.
- Walleyball nets may be set up by Campus Recreation Staff only.
- Courts are on a first come first serve basis