WELCOME TO MTSU CAMPUS RECREATION
COVID-19 Campus Recreation Information
MTSU Campus Recreation is commited to you achieving your health and fitness goals. The health and safety of our members and employees is our top priority. To achieve this, you will see our new practices and protocols outlined below. It is important for all of us to remain vigilant about our own health and wellness, and to be thoughtful of others around us.
- To decrease the risk of coronavirus, Campus Recreation will be limiting participation and access into the facility to 125 members at one time.
- Please download our Campus Rec App for barcode access to the facility. You will also need to use this when exiting to help us keep track of numbers in the facility at one time. Please go to your app store and search MTSU Campus Rec.
- Due to the limit in numbers, we ask that you keep your work-outs to 1 hour or less.
- Students, Faculty, Staff and current membership holders will have access to the Rec Center. No new memberships will be sold.
- If you feel sick, have a fever, show any symptoms of COVID-19 or someone in your household is sick please do not enter campus recreation facilities. If you have any concerns about exposure or experience signs of illness, please follow campus protocols and see your doctor. We offer virtual workouts to help fill any void.
- All members are asked to follow signage, campus and state guidelines, and CDC recommendations. Signs throughout the facility will assist you in your experience and safety.
- Campus Policy mandates that Masks must be worn at all times within the facility.
- All members will be asked to pick up their own spray bottle and towel from the equipment desk to spray down and sanitize equipment after personal use.
- Members are asked to keep six feet between themselves and the next person. You will notice major changes to the layout of our equipment to allow for increased safety. Please do not move equipment without checking with staff members.
- Campus Recreation will be taking additional steps to sanitize the facility including nightly deep cleans with an electrostatic system.
Usable Space and Amenities
- Weight, Cardio and Functional Fit Rooms
- Locker rooms and bathrooms
- Outdoor Equipment rentals
- Sundeck and outdoor volleyball courts
- Upstairs Aerobics Room
- Hands free Water bottle fill up stations
- Outdoor walking/jogging track at the Sports Club Complex (2111 East Main St)
The following ammenities are currently closed for every day use:
- All Gym Courts
- No showers are permitted at this time
- Indoor and outdoor pools
- Indoor Soccer Arena
- Indoor Track
- Racquetball Courts
- Indoor Track
- Cycle Studio
- Fitness mats and other equipment - bring your own fitness mat. (Will not need to bring your own for fitness classes)
- Water Fountains
Lost and Found
Campus Recreation encourages everyone to bring only the necessities into our facilities. Please check for all your belongings before leaving. We will only retain valuables such as Campus ID's, wallets, or credit cards.
- Ensure that you are feeling well
- Bring your own full water bottle
- Come dressed to exercise
- Bring only necessary items with you
- Plan your workout so that you can be as efficient as possible
- Bring an extra mask or 2 in case yours gets damp from perspiration or exhalation
While at Campus Recreation facilities:
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands frequently
- Wipe down equipment after use
- Use one piece of equipment at a time
- Practice social distancing
- Wear your mask
- Monitor how you feel during your workout and adjust accordingly
- Avoid touching your face
At the End of Your Workout:
- Check to make sure you have all your belongings
- Clean your equipment
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before leaving
- Get plenty of sleep to allow your body to recover
- Drink plenty of water
- Wash your clothes and other items
Find Your #MTSUFit at Campus Rec!
Whether you've never stepped into a gym or you're training for a triathlon (or find yourself somewhere in the middle), we're here to help you get where you want to be. There's no one-size-fits-all game plan, so you'll find a range of activities and resources everywhere you turn.
Happenings at Campur Rec!
Student Affairs Challenge
Check out some of the services and events that Student Affairs has for you this semester, and win some prizes at the same time! We will be featuring a new department each week, and you can participate at any point throughout the semester. Contest starts now and runs through November 1, 2020.
Click Here for more information.
Day Hike for Rutherford Heart Walk
Free Outdoor Recreation Trip Planning
If you are trying to plan a trip for yourself, friends or family but aren't quite sure where to do or what to do, we are here to help! MTOP staff have a ton of experience trip planning for groups, as well as for personal trips and are happy to assist you with any type of planning or advice. We can offer suggestions for local trips, regional, to trips that are across the country and even some international travel advice! This service does not have any hidden fees, it is 100% free!
Complete this short survey as it will give us an idea of what you want to do, and then we will get in touch with you to gather additional information. Once we have everything that we need, we will come up with a couple of options for your trip so that you can have a great trip experience!
Email Blake Osborn at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.
Follow MTOP on Instagram as we share ways to get outside safely, hold weekly contests with free trips and equipment rentals as prizes. We will also send a free sticker for every new follower this month!