Campus Recreation seeks to hire students of character who desire not only a job, but also a place to learn, lead, and grow. Our departments provide variety in job duties and scheduling flexibility. Applications are accepted all year long.
Some departments require specific student positions to be American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid certified, and we provide that training once hired.
Current Positions Available
Service Scholarship & Federal Work Study Placement
Service Scholarship and Federal Work Study (FWS) students may complete their required hours here at Campus Recreation. If you would like to be considered for a position with Campus Recreation to fulfill your hours, please follow the job application process being sure to mark where appropriate that you are a Service Scholarship or FWS recipient. (Keep in mind, submitting an application does not a guarantee placement with Campus Rec.)
Field Study and Internships
Campus Recreation may offer Field Study, Practicum, and Internship opportunities to qualified students. We conduct a thorough application and interview process for candidates to help them build job search and interview skills, as well as to ensure a proper match both for the candidate and Campus Rec. (Application for Field Study, Practicum, or Internship is not a guarantee of placement with Campus Recreation.)
To be considered for Field Study, Practicum, or Internship candidacy, please submit the following at the Rec Center office by the appropriate deadline:
- Campus Recreation job application
- Cover letter
|Spring Semester||December 1|
|Summer Semester||April 15|
|Fall Semester||April 15|
How to Apply for a Position with Campus Recreation
- Print the job application or pick one up in the Campus Recreation office. Applying for the MTSU Mascot "Lightning" position?
- Answer all questions.
- Note and answer the questions regarding Presidential or Service Scholarship and/or
Federal Work Study if this is the type of position you are seeking.
- Choose three departments (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) you are most interested in working. Individual departments have unique job duties, so take a moment to look at the position descriptions to
choose what interests you the most.
- Page 2 of the application has a section for your availability. It is important to
check the time slots you would be available to work.
- Return the completed application to the Rec Center office or fax it to (615) 898-5568.