Our Programs are ABET Accredited since 2015!
Middle Tennessee State University, a comprehensive, innovative institution, attracts students to distinctive bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral programs that prepare graduates to thrive in their chosen professions and a changing global society. Students and faculty generate, preserve, and disseminate knowledge and collaboratively promote excellence through teaching and learning, research, creative activity, and public engagement.
Faculty, staff, and students of Middle Tennessee State University will work together as a community of scholars to create and share knowledge. Our efforts will result in the highest quality education and student experience in the state, preparing citizens who thrive as professionals and engage with and contribute to their communities.
University Student Outcomes
- Develop an experience-based knowledge of their disciplines and demonstrate the ability to apply theories and concepts to practical problems.
- Engage in systematic reflection and demonstrate the ability to critically examine their experiences and to create connections between those experiences and disciplinary knowledge.
- Make contributions to their communities and learn the value of making these contributions (good citizenship); students will develop as individuals including understanding the needs of others, learning cultural awareness, and appreciating the differences in others.
- Develop and demonstrate managerial skills including planning, organizing, problem solving, and communicating.
- Develop and demonstrate leadership skills including interpersonal skills, ability to direct others, and teamwork.
- Develop and demonstrate research skills that will help them be successful in graduate programs.
The mission of the Department of Engineering Technology is to
- develop students who will base professional decisions and actions on their social, economic, and environment implications
- prepare students who are well prepared for a variety of professional careers in industry, education, and government
- contribute to the profession's knowledge base through research
- develop a mutually beneficial alliance with industry, government agencies, and educational institutions by seeking and sharing facilities and expertise
Our roots trace back to vocational training established at MTSU in 1912. Today, the Engineering Technology Department continues our mission to prepare students for a new world of engineering, technology, design, automation, and manufacturing.
Explosive growth in our programs, especially in Mechatronics Engineering, has placed extraordinary strains on our limited, aging classroom and lab spaces at the Voorhies Engineering Technology Building and beyond.
We share with you our vision for a modern applied engineering center with:
- Modular, easily retrofitted learning spaces to meet evolving technologies
- State-of-the art design and fabrication labs
- Enhanced student opportunities for faculty-led research
- Labs for student teams, such as for Experimental Vehicle Program and Robotics competitions
- Infrastructure for new learning experiences in engineering, automation, and design
- A spacious, comfortable environment to foster collaborative learning
Enrollment and Graduation
Accredited Bachelors of Science Programs
|Computer Engineering Technology||48||43||4|
|Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology||58||48||6|
|Mechanical Engineering Technology||115||104||6|
Search all MTSU demographic information here through the Office of Instutional Effectiveness, Planning and Research (IEPR)
Congratulations to the 2021 Department of Engineering Technology Outstanding Students!
- Dakota Deist
- Daniel Hannett
- Austin Gunner Maher
- Jiwon Kim
- Yinusa Ahmeed Adekunle
- Brianna Bauman