- Unplug everything from all electrical outlets
- Unplug and defrost refrigerator, leaving the refrigerator door open
- Remove all perishable and open food products and items from the room
- Move everything at least three (3) feet away from the HVAC (air conditioning and heating) unit
- Sweep (and mop if there are sticky spots/spills) the room
- Remove all trash and take to dumpster
- Set thermostat to seventy degrees Fahrenheit (70º F) or mid-range if color dial and the fan to medium
- Lower and close the blinds
- Take all items needed for break (you will not have access to the building over break, no exceptions)
- Turn off all lights
- Lock the door
- Take any pets/animals with you
Student leaving and not returning to MTSU or granted room changes for Spring 2023 will be required to check out completely. These students should have a written response from Housing and Residential Life. If you believe you are not returning to the same space in the spring and have received no notification from housing email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your spring status.
Housing assignment information comes to MTSU email accounts, so check often.
- Meningococcal vaccination required for room assignment.
Click here to upload your proof of meningitis to the Health Services Student Portal, or fax documentation to 615-898-5459.
- Housing maintenance request call 615-898-4116 or Click here
- Emergency maintenance requests after normal business hours – contact the front desk of your building for assistance