Bike Shop and Repair Center
Welcome to the Bike Shop located within the Campus Recreation center! Whether you're a first time biker or an enthusiast we have what you need to get outside and active with cycling!
We offer an impressive selection of bicycles specially tailored for any situation. From commuter bikes for zipping between classes, to sturdy and reliable mountain bikes for off-campus adventures, we've got you covered.
- A commuter fleet of 30 bicycles for rent.
- The bikes are single speed bikes with regular v brakes; Helmet and lock are included at no additional cost!
- Rental cards for $35.
- The cards allow you to rent a bike for a 5-day period at any time for the semester. Rental must occur while the bike shop is open. With a rental, you sign an agreement to follow all rules and regulations for bike safety on campus.
Bike shop pick-up and drop off:
Use the Bike Shop entrance in the loading dock area rather than the main entrance. If you are facing the the Rec from Blue Raider Drive and see the drive-thru Pharmacy, the loading dock and Bike Shop is just past this area. You can easily access this part of the building by using Homecoming Circle next to Womack Lane Apartments.
If you're using Waze, Google, or Apple Maps you can type in our exact coordinates to be brought directly to the Bike Shop bay doors: 35°50'46.7"N 86°21'31.7"W
Bike Repair Center:
Having issues with your bike or just need a tune-up? Take a look below at all the repairs and maintenance we can perform for you!
(NOTE: Any item with a "*" means you MUST SUPPLY YOUR OWN PART!)
- Tune Ups ($25):
- Adjust brakes (not hydraulic)
- Install Brake pads*
- Adjust front and rear derailleurs
- Replace any cables*
- True wheels
- Air up Tires
- Chain Lubrication.
- Perform minor cleaning of moveable parts.
- Re-grease bottom bracket.
- Clean cassette.
- Advise customer of any other repairs needed as observed.
- Run safety and performance checks.
- Tighten headgear.
- Installation of Tire Tube*:
- Front or rear tire($3)
- Both tires ($5)
- Other Services:
- Chain Installation ($5)
- Air check and fill (FREE)
- Bike cleaning ($8)
- Truing wheels ($6/ea wheel)
- Brake adjustments ($5)
Feel free to stop by the Bike Shop during operating hours or email email@example.com with any questions.