Financial Aid for Summer 2023
- Requesting financial aid for the Summer term is a separate process from the Fall and Spring semesters.
- If you have already completed the 2022-23 FAFSA and have listed MTSU, then you don’t have to complete it again for summer. If MTSU is not listed on your FAFSA, you will need to make a correction to your 2022-23 FAFSA to add MTSU school code of 003510. If you attended another school during the spring semester or MTSU is not the first school listed on your FAFSA, you can update the school information on the TSAC student portal.
- You must be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- You must be admitted as a degree-seeking student. Transient students are NOT eligible for federal or state financial aid at MTSU.
- Your financial aid budget is based on the number of hours and the part of term for which you are enrolled.
- Contact MTOneStop@mtsu.edu before dropping and/or adding courses. Your financial aid could be affected. This means that you could owe a balance to MTSU.
- Typically, financial aid refunds are available at the start of your first enrolled summer course.
- Until Spring 2023 grades are posted and continuing eligibility is determined, students may not be able to use federal financial aid or Lottery Scholarships to confirm enrollment until May 12 for summer classes.
- May 11 is the date / time that Summer Lottery Scholarship awarding will begin for students that are determined to be eligible. Please note: it may take several days for all awards to be made.
- May 17 is the first fee payment confirmation deadline. Click here for additional fee payment deadlines.
- May 18 by 4:00 pm is the priority appeal deadline for the Summer 2023 term. Please visit the Financial Aid Appeals page for more information.
- June 16 is the last date to register for a class or submit the Summer Lottery Transfer Notification Form. After this date, there is no guarantee that you will receive a Lottery Scholarship for the Summer term.
- June 30 is the deadline to complete the 2022-23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for Summer 2023. (The federal processor must have received your application by this date.) Except for Lottery Scholarships, which require the FAFSA to be completed by February 1, 2023.
- July 4 is the census date. Your financial aid may be adjusted based on the number of hours enrolled as of the census date.
- August 4 is the last day to apply for a loan. Please visit the forms page to submit a loan request.
Click on the topics below for more information on how Summer 2023 financial aid is awarded.