- Purpose and Mission Statement
- Admittance Policy
- Guest Policy
- Dress Code
- Equipment Check-out
- Lockers and Towels
- Lost and Found
- Organized/Group Activities
- Personal Transportation Items
- Campus Rec Policies Home
The purpose of this page is to establish and educate anyone on the policies and procedures that govern the Intramural Sports program. Please note that it is the responsibility of each team/participant to know and understand these policies and procedures. Ignorance of any Intramural Sports policy is not an excuse for failure to comply. Competitive Sports Staff reserves the right to modify these policies at any time. If you have questions, comments, or suggestions, please contact the Competitive Sports Office.
Intramural Sports Mission Statement
- Food and drink are permitted only in designated areas.
- Programs such as scheduled Campus Recreation activities will have priority over drop-in and open recreation. If possible, part of the facility will remain open for drop-in participants.
- Children 6 and over must use the appropriate restrooms/locker rooms. A family changing room/gender neutral locker room is located next to Functional Fitness.
- Use of alcohol, tobacco of any form or other drugs is prohibited in the Recreation Center.
- Use of the center is considered a privilege. Those who do not cooperate with established policies, use abusive language, are under the influence of drugs or alcohol or act inappropriately toward a University employee will be asked to leave and may have their privileges revoked.
- Use bicycle racks for securing bikes instead of light posts or benches around the outside of the Recreation Center.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for loss due to theft. Secure all valuables in a locker. Locks are available at the equipment desk. A lost and found is also located at the equipment desk.
- Outside concession is to be used by permission only.
- Personal Transportation items (Rollerblades, scooters, etc.) are not permitted to be ridden within the facility. All roller blades must be removed before entering the front doors. No skateboards are allowed to be used in the facility.
- No pets are permitted in the Recreation Center or in the sun deck area unless used specifically as a service dog. ADA Policies
- Only Recreation Center staff members may operate stereo and video equipment.
- All accidents and equipment damage must be reported to a Campus Recreation staff person or program supervisor immediately.
- Personal private contract work, i.e., swimming lessons, personal training, and/or fitness workouts of any kind, are not permitted at the Recreation Center. Anyone interested in receiving private instruction should be referred to the main office for proper registration procedures.
The Recreation Center is for the use of MTSU students and other authorized members of the University community (faculty, staff, spouses, dependents, and invited guests).
A valid MTSU ID Number and a biometric hand scan in the system is required in order to enter the Recreation Center during operating hours. Your cooperation in presenting proper identification is expected at all times.
Please help maintain a secure environment by using your personal MTSU ID number upon arrival to gain entrance to the Recreation Center, watching your valuables carefully, and notifying the staff if you see something out of the ordinary.
MTSU ID NUMBERS ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE. MTSU ID numbers may be used ONLY by their owners.
The groups of individuals listed below must have the following to enter the Recreation Center:Students – valid MTSU ID Card and/or Barcode feature within the Campus Recreation appFaculty and staff – valid MTSU ID Card and/or Barcode feature within the Campus Recreation appSpouses/dependents - valid MTSU Campus Rec ID Card and/or Barcode feature within the Campus Recreation appAlumni - valid MTSU Campus Rec ID Card and/or Barcode feature within the Campus Recreation appGuests - See Guest pass policy
- Participants using the Recreation Center are required to pay certain fees that are used to support the operation of the facility. Fees for students are included in the student fee payment each semester. The University, as part of the benefits package, pays faculty and staff fees. Spouses, dependents, and alumni may apply for membership and pay the designated fees at the Campus Recreation Office. Hours of Operation
- Proof of University affiliation will be required at the time of application. The person
holding the required relationship to the University must purchase a membership. When
purchasing family memberships, one must supply birthdates of those dependents to be
included as family members. Membership qualifications are limited to the following
- Student memberships – Part-time and full-time students who have paid the fees at registration will have access to the Recreation Center by entering their MTSU ID number and/or scanning the barcode within the Campus Recreation mobile app. This is effective only for the semester in which the student is enrolled. Summer memberships for students not enrolled during the summer terms may be purchased in the membership office and will last from May graduation until Summer Term graduation.
- Faculty and staff memberships - Current faculty and staff members have access to the Recreation Center upon scanning the barcode of their MTSU ID card or Campus Recreation Mobile App. Retired faculty and staff members are eligible for membership at the Recreation Center.
- Adjunct faculty - Adjunct faculty members may have access to the Recreation Center by paying the appropriate
- Graduate of MTSU
- Former student who has completed at least one semester of work at MTSUAlumni memberships - MTSU alumni may purchase memberships to the Recreation Center by paying the appropriate fees.An alumnus is defined as follows:
- Family member memberships - Members may purchase access for eligible members of their immediate families and/or dependents. Family members are defined as spouses and any children or dependents up to and including 26 year olds.
- Affiliate memberships - Affiliates, defined as those who interface directly with the University, may purchase memberships by paying the appropriate fee. Contact the Campus Recreation Office to determine eligibility for affiliate status. A family membership option is available to affiliates of the University. Family members are defined as spouses and/or any children or dependents under the age of 26.
- Part-time Employees - Part-time employees may also purchase memberships. (See Hourly/Temporary Employee fee schedule).
MEMBERSHIPS ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE AND ARE NONREFUNDABLE.
Membership renewal - Renewal notices will be Emailed one month prior to the expiration date of the membership.
- Campus Recreation Intramural spectators will be charged a guest fee. This will not allow the use of any equipment or use of special areas.
- Qualified visitors wishing to tour the Recreation Center will be issued a privilege pass by the Campus Recreation staff.
- Children under the age of 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older at all times while in the Recreation Center.
- Any guest 16 years or older must present an ID (ex. Driver’s license) upon entering the facility with a member.
- Guests are permitted to leave and come back the same day at no additional fee with the original sponsor they signed in with.
Appropriate attire must cover the chest and buttocks in all areas of the facility.
- Exceptions to these clothing policies are allowed in pools.
- Attire that could cause damage to equipment or facility, or create individual risk is prohibited
- Athletic (non-marking) shoes are required for recreational activities – metal on the bottom of any footwear is prohibited in all facilities (spikes, taps, etc.) and no sandals, backless or open-toe shoes are allowed during activities
- Shoes should be free of debris before entering the facility
- Minimal jewelry is advised.
- Clothing with profane language, inappropriate subjects, etc. are not permitted to be worn in the facility.
- Campus Recreation staff has final say in determining appropriate clothing.
Campus Recreation has sporting/work-out equipment from the main equipment desk. We also have outdoor equipment that may be checked out or rented from the Outdoor Equipment Rental office.
- A valid MTSU ID or membership card is needed to check out any equipment from the equipment desk. Guests of members cannot check out equipment. It must be done by the member.
- Some indoor sports equipment is designated for use in the Recreation Center only. This equipment should be returned to the equipment desk when you leave the center. Outdoor equipment will be assessed a late fee after the due date.
- The person checking out equipment is responsible for that equipment. If the equipment is not returned or is lost, stolen, or damaged, payment must be made per the assessed replacement cost. Further use of the center may be suspended and the person will be encumbered until payment of all bills is made. Holds will be placed on accounts.
- A list of available equipment can be found at the equipment check-out desk
Locker storage is provided for users of the Recreation Center. Users are strongly advised to secure a locker, either on a day-use (free) or long-term rental basis, to store their personal belongings.
- Middle Tennessee State University and Campus Recreation are not responsible for any damaged or lost personal items in the Recreation Center.
- Lockers are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Full and half sized lockers are available to rent by the semester.
- All locker rental transactions take place at the equipment desk.
- Locker renewal notices will be emailed 30 days prior to expiration.
- Lockers not renewed by the end of the rantal period will be cleared and the contents will then be stored for 30 days. After 30 days they will be sent to MTSU’s Lost and Found or disposed of.
- The user will be charged for any damages to a locker or loss of lock or towel. Users should immediately report any damages or loss of these items to the equipment desk.
- Members may use personal locks on locker rentals. If not removed by the end of the rental period, personal locks will be cut and removed at the owners expense.
- A block of lockers in the men’s and women’s locker rooms are reserved for day use only.
- Day-use locks are available with your Student/Faculty Staff or Campus Recreation ID card from the equipment desk.
- Day Use locks must be returned to the equipment desk 15 minutes before closing, or a late fee will be charged.
- Patrons may use their personal locks. Any personal lock not removed by the end of the day will be cut from the locker at the owners expense.
- The Recreation Center staff will remove any personal items left in a day-use locker. Items confiscated may be claimed at the equipment desk. If not claimed within 30 days, the items will be sent to MTSU’s Lost and Found or disposed of.
- Towels rentals are available at the equipment desk for a fee.
- Individuals with a current semester locker rental receive free towel rentals.
- Towels should be returned to the equipment desk by the end of each day.
- Any unreturned towels will be charged a fee.
The Campus Recreation lost and found is located at the equipment desk.
- Items deemed little to no value such as personal hygiene, water bottles, and undergarments will not be kept.
- Items found at Campus Recreation will be kept for 30 days before being sent to Campus Lost and found or disposed of.
Organized/group activities should be authorized in advance by Campus Recreation Event Staff and should follow all Facility Reservation policies.
- Group activities interfering with others within Campus Recreation facilities without prior reservations may be asked to leave at the discretion of Campus Recreation.
- Unauthorized use of facilities for instructing, training, or coaching is prohibited.
Use of rollerblades, roller skates, hoverboards, skateboards, and bicycles is prohibited within all facilities. Bikes must be parked in bike racks available near all facilities. Hoverboards are prohibited within all facilities. Other personal transportation devices may be stored in lockers while in the facilities.