Skip to main content

Graduation Information

Student Record Information for Graduates


Final summer grades are not due until midnight, Sunday, August 11.  Degrees are not awarded until all grades are posted and the graduation analysts have completed their review of each candidate. Expected graduates can place a transcript order now following the instructions in the “order my transcript” link below and check the option “Hold for Degree”.  Transcripts ordered online marked as hold for degree will be released the evening of Thursday, August 15, 2024, for verified August graduates. 

Order my transcript


Some holds can prevent release of your transcript and diploma. To view holds on your MTSU account, log into your PipelineMT > Registration & Student Records > Priority Registration Tools > Holds.  T.C.A § 49-7-104 and University policies 640/646 prohibits the issuing of diplomas, certificates of credit, or grade reports to any student unless the student has satisfied all debts or obligations owed to the institution. Please clear all outstanding debt with the Business Office by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 9, 2024

Replacement Diplomas

Replacement diplomas can be ordered by using our form.

Latin Honors

Official Latin honors notation on the diploma and transcript is determined by the Inclusive GPA (MTSU and transfer college level courses/grades) at the end of the final semester.  The Inclusive GPA is for MTSU use only and does not appear on your transcript. Latin honors explanation (PDF). To view your current Inclusive GPA go to PipelineMT > Registration & Student Records > Academic Records > GPAs or Graduation Information link.

Note: Honors grade point average calculations for students seeking a second or subsequent bachelor degree may include all undergraduate credit hours, even those taken for a previously earned degree.

Diploma Name and Address

This information can be found in the Diploma Information section of our site.

Teacher Licensure

Students seeking initial teaching certificates or add-on endorsements need to contact the Teacher Licensure Office, COE Room 214 (615-904-8001).

Career Development Center

Visit the Career Center website.

College of Graduate Studies

Visit the College of Graduate Studies website for more information or to apply.