ACADEMIC FINANCIAL PHYSICAL WELLNESSADDITIONAL INFO
The following services are available to you as an MTSU student:
- MTSU Student Health Services
- MTSU Disability & Access Center
- MTSU Counseling Services
- MTSU Testing Services
- MTSU Recreation Center
- MTSU Adult Student Services
- MTSU Food Pantry
- MTSU Emergency Assistance
Student Health Services
Student Health Services provides MTSU students with a wide variety of services including:
- Air Traffic Control Physicals
- FAA Physicals
- Health Education
- Routine Services
- Travel, Allergy & Immunization Clinic
- Women's Health
Disability & Access Center
The Disability and Access Center (DAC) provides accommodations to students that level the academic playing field. Follow the steps outlined here to request accomodations. Some commonly requested accommodations are:
- Testing accommodations — extra time, a reduced distraction environment, a reader and/or scribe
- Notetaking — provision of note taking technologies such as digital recorders and Livescribe pens, requesting instructor notes/Powerpoints, and peer note taking
- Textbooks and other text in alternate formats like Braille and audio.
- Priority Seating
- Sign Language Interpreting / CART
MTSU Counseling Services
In addition to the personal well-being services provided by Ms. Betty Struzick in the Daniels Center, MTSU provides counseling services to all students in a non-judgmental and confidential environment. Services include, but are not limited to, crisis counseling, grief counseling, coping with PTSD, addressing problems with drugs and alcohol, and managing depression.
Counseling Services also offers free and anonymous online self-assessments and mental health screenings that provide immediate feedback.
If you would like to take advantage of these serviecs, please make an appointment (615-898-2670) or come by Counseling Services (KUC room 329).
MTSU Testing Services
Testing Services offer a variety of standardized and high stakes tests. The following tests are administered by Testing Services:
- CLEP (College Level Examination Program)
- MAT (Miller Analogies Test)
- ACT Residual
- GRE Subject Tests (Graduate Record Examination Subject Tests)
- HESI (MTSU Nursing Admission Assessment)
- LSAT (Law School Admission Test)
- PCAT (Pharmacy College Admissions Test)
- CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- PRAXIS Series (National Teacher Examinations):
- Core Academic Skills for Educators
- Specialty Area Examinations
MTSU Recreation Center
The Rec Center offers a wide variety of activities that are available to all MTSU students with their MTSU ID. Enjoy the indoor and outdoor pools, weight room, basketball and volleyball courts, fitness classes, personal training programs, a climbing wall, intramurals, sport clubs, and more!
MTSU Adult Student Services
The June Anderson Center for Women and Nontraditional Students (JAC) provides student support services conducive to learning and personal development for both women students and for adult students who generally work full time, are married, have children, and other adult responsibilities beyond their college experiences.
The center provides information and referrals about all aspects of academic and social life in person or by phone in the office, via email, or through the convenient web pages that students can access 24 hours a day.