Skip to main content


Undergraduate Change of Major/Program

Students who want to change their current major, change catalog requirement year, or add an additional major, concentration, or minor must meet with their current college advisor or the college advisor of the proposed new major/minor.  By meeting with an advisor, students ensure the major/minor selection meets career goals as well as abides by University policy.  Certain majors require specific minors or limit your minor choices. Some majors require candidacy prior to enrollment in the upper-division courses.

Only college and faculty advisors can submit a curriculum change to the Registrar’s Office for processing on behalf of the student.  Submitted major/minor changes will be processed for the current term.  Once the change is made, updated degree requirements will be viewable in Degree Works and an audit run to determine federal aid eligible for Course Program of Study (CPoS).

To view your major/minor, log in to PipelineMT, select the Registration & Student Records menu on the left, and select the Student Information link in the Academic Records box.

When the Registrar’s Office receives an advisor approved change for a student receiving military veterans’ benefits, secondary approval from the Daniels Center will be required before the student’s curriculum is updated.  Student-athletes may request a change of major by meeting with the appropriate SAEC advisor for approval and completing required paperwork in conjunction with the appropriate college advisor.

To request a change, students must schedule an appointment with their current advisor or the appropriate college advisor in the new major/minor. Click on the college of your major below to be directed to the advising page for that area and to make an appointment: